Yin yoga comes from the Taoist tradition and focuses on passive, seated postures that target the connective tissues in the hips, pelvis and lower spine. The aim is to increase circulation in the joints and improve flexibility as the poses stretch and exercise the bone and joint areas. It also helps us to regulate the body's flow of energy. Since this practice is slower and more meditative, you are given the opportunity to turn inward and tune into both your mind and the physical sensations of your body. This class helps you stretch and lengthen those rarely-used tissues while also teaching you how to breathe through discomfort and sit with your thoughts. You’ll be guided on how to breathe from your diaphragm—with every inhale, feel your belly and ribs expand and with every exhale, pull your navel into your spine—and constantly reminded that your exhales should be twice as long as your inhales. This class is a good start to your yoga journey.
- This class will be held on Moxie.
- You will receive an email reminder a few hours before the class.
- Moxie Studios are optimized for laptops & PC browsers. No downloads required. You can also join Moxie Studios on certain tablets and mobile devices. Please review our help files for best practices and tips.
- The warm up room opens 15 minutes before the class begins.
- Following the class you will be asked to provide feedback. Your input helps us improve!