This is a one hour, level 2 Hatha yoga practice, using the Bikram 26 & 2 series as a foundation. We will move through the practice with variations and additions. Class will have less instruction, and more exploration, as we practice together. The Bikram Yoga 26 & 2 series is a system of yoga consisted of a fixed sequence of 26 postures and 2 breathing exercises. It is a skeletal alignment sequence, centering around the spine, while focusing on postures that are designed to create vascular improvement. This sequence has been clinically shown to improve bone mineral density in pre-menopausal women, reduce A1C in older adults in only 8 weeks, as well as improve balance, leg muscle strength and improve focus, concentration & reduce symptoms of anxiety and depression. For a list of the 26 postures & 2 breathing please go to http://www.riptworkshops.com/posture-list.html
- This class will be held on Moxie.
- You will receive an email reminder a few hours before the class.
- Moxie Studios are optimized for laptops & PC browsers. No downloads required. You can also join Moxie Studios on certain tablets and mobile devices. Please review our help files for best practices and tips.
- The warm up room opens 15 minutes before the class begins.
- Following the class you will be asked to provide feedback. Your input helps us improve!