Belly Dance is an art form stemming from Middle Eastern dance cultures throughout Egypt, Turkey, Greece, Lebanon, and many other countries with similar backgrounds. The term Raqs Sharqi is the formal name of this type of dance involving specified movements with the hips, shoulders, and stomach. There is a lot involved in relation to types of Raqs Sharqi and ceremonial dances. Egyptian Cabaret style is the most classical form of Raqs Sharqi. This is a high arts type of dance performed on stage and at prestigious venues throughout the world in a theatrical setting. There are also many fusion dances specifically in the west such as Tribal Belly Dance. Your local studio may offer specific styles like Turkish Belly Dance or a variety of styles. This class draws from various styles of Belly Dance for a full-body workout. Begin with an easy warm-up, stretches, isolations, learn fun techniques and combinations. Unwind and dance with me!
- This class will be held on Moxie.
- You will receive an email reminder a few hours before the class.
- Moxie Studios are optimized for laptops & PC browsers. No downloads required. You can also join Moxie Studios on certain tablets and mobile devices. Please review our help files for best practices and tips.
- The warm up room opens 15 minutes before the class begins.
- Following the class you will be asked to provide feedback. Your input helps us improve!